CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 5, 2008

Labor Day Mayhem

I learned an important lesson over Labor day weekend. As soon as you have gap coverage on your car it becomes indestructible. Which is great if you love your car, is strangely annoying when you hate your car and owe way too much money on it. Every morning I wake up an pray that someone will run into my car (while I'm not in it). So I was in Utah over Labor day weekend driving from Ogden to Salt Lake and I see a car in the far right lane start to swerve erratically and veer way off onto the shoulder. It then over corrected and shot back towards the road. I was bracing myself for immanent death when the car was stopped by a series of traffic cones and a few signs. The signs didn't make it by the way (moment of silence). ... They were propelled into on coming traffic and the car in front of me hit them and veered off to the shoulder. Here comes the amazing part... It was inevitable that I would also hit the signs and the car that had just veered off but somehow I remained perfectly calm and swerved around them like a professional stunt driver and pulled off the road well ahead of the commotion. It was insane. The doucebag driver of the first car ended up being an insanely freaked out young woman with a child and two older ladies with her. A broken windshield was the only consequence of her spaz attack, well and I'm sure a wicked awesome traffic ticket. The car that hit the signs had a pretty bent up and scratched bumper but at least it didn't have another car embedded in the side of it.

0 comments: